What are cookies?
Some cookies collect information about browsing and purchasing behaviour when you access our websites via the same computer or device. This includes information about pages viewed, products purchased and your journey around a website. All data passed by cookies is anonymous and will never contain individual detail such as your name, address, telephone number or payment details. For more detailed information about how cookies work, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How are cookies managed
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:
- Watches of Switzerland Group PLC or on our behalf, and are necessary to enable you to make purchases on our websites;
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
- third parties who publish web banner advertisements for us
What are cookies used for?
Cookies are used with our marketing partners to present you with appropriate offers and advertising as you browse other sites on the internet, based on your browsing activity while on our sites. Cookies also allow us to work alongside our web analytics partners to see how you like to use our website, which pages or special functions you prefer and help us to promote them and make them better. This helps us to continually improve the relevance of our promotional communications, your shopping experience and our products and services.
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- For technical purposes essential to the effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to online transactions and site navigation.
- For us to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable us to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable us to meet our contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
There are three types of cookie that may be used during your visit to our site:
1. Session Cookies
Session cookies are deleted after each visit to our site. For example, when you are browsing our site, it will remember you for the duration of your visit, but the cookie will be removed from your computer as soon as you close down your internet browser. Session cookies allow you to add an item to the basket and then move through the checkout. Disallowing these cookies via your web browser will mean you are unable to place an order on the site.
2. Persistent Cookies
Persistent cookies remember you for a set period of time allowing wishlist products and/or previously viewed products to be displayed the next time you visit our site and whether you logged into or out of your account while browsing.
3. Marketing Cookies
Watches of Switzerland Group PLC work with several partners who serve advertisements or present online offers on our behalf. Most of these marketing partners use both session and persistent cookies. These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. All data collected by third party cookies is anonymous and will never contain your name, address, telephone number, email address or payment details.
Details of cookies
The following first-party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
Persistent or Necessary (2 cookies)
|ARRAffinity||https://www.thewosgroupplc.com||Used for load balancing to make sure the visitor page requests are routed to the same server in any browsing session||Session||HTTP Cookie|
|smConsent||https://www.thewosgroupplc.com||Stores the user's cookie consent state for the current domain||1 year||HTTP Cookie|
Performance (3 cookies)
|_ga||https://www.thewosgroupplc.com||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website||1 year||HTTP Cookie|
|_gat||https://www.thewosgroupplc.com||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||Session||HTTP Cookie|
|_gid||https://www.thewosgroupplc.com||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website||Session||HTTP Cookie|
You can view and change your cookie settings at any time.
Turning off and deleting cookies
Most web browsers will provide the option to turn off or disallow cookies. How you do this depends on the web browser you're using. Instructions for disallowing cookies can usually be found in the browser's 'Help' menu. Note that in common with most other transactional websites, if you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our websites but refusing the cookies we have used via your web browser will mean that you are unable to make a transactional purchase on our website. You may also find that the functionality of many other websites and services will be affected. Cookies can be deleted using your web browser. However, unless they are disallowed they will be re-applied the next time you visit a website.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out here:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”.
- Click on the “privacy” tab.
- Select the setting the appropriate setting.
For Google Chrome
- Choose Settings > Advanced.
- Under “Privacy and security”, click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”.
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”.
- Click on the icon “privacy”.
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options.
For Opera 6.0 and further
- Choose the menu “Files” > “Preferences”.